
- Ted Cruz wants to re-enter the presidential race, but only if he wins the Nebraska primary.
- Says he dropped out because there is no viable path to victory if one reappears he would be more than willing to act accordingly.
- He only got $500 million in free airtime over the entire campaign, where as Trump got $500 million in airtime over the last 30 days.
- He entered into this campaign to win, and that is what he wants to do.
Sen. Ted Cruz says he would consider re-entering the GOP presidential nominating contest if, against his assumptions, he wins Nebraska’s primary today.The Texas senator suspended his campaign for the Republican presidential one week ago after a loss in Indiana.“We came up short in this election, I would have preferred it otherwise. The movement still continues and that’s what gives me encouragement,” said Cruz in a Tuesday morning interview on the Glenn Beck radio program on SiriusXM.Later in the interview, Cruz expressed a desire to see a “President we can trust.” He spoke of temperament saying, “we need to watch and see what the candidates say and do.”That spurred the question to Cruz from Beck sidekick Pat Gray: would the Texas senator consider getting back in the Republican primary race if Nebraskans “miraculously” voted Cruz the winner in the state’s primary election that same day.“I am not holding my breath. My assumption is that that will not happen,” replied Cruz.But listen, let’s be very clear, if there is a path to victory, we launched this campaign intending to win. The reason we suspended the race last week is with Indiana’s loss I didn’t see a viable path to victory. If that changes, we will certainly respond accordingly.Earlier in the interview, Cruz said that while the result of the Republican nomination process was not what he had hoped for he and wife Heidi were thankful for the opportunity to be a “part of what was just an incredible grassroots movement.”The suspended 2016 presidential candidate hit hard on the role of the media.This election will be studied for the role of the media and in particular network executives, that they made in terms of promoting the candidate that they had chosen, they wanted to win.Trump has received now over $3 billion in free airtime. Strikingly, ya know that last 30 days, he had $500 billion dollars in free airtime, 90 percent of which was positive. To put that in perspective in the entire 13 months of the campaign, the aggregate coverage of my campaign was about $500 billion dollars worth.That has a dramatic effect on the polls when every network becomes effectively the SuperPAC for the candidate they want to win the nomination and we’re about to see that same ferocious fury now turn against Donald in an effort to elect Hillary. And there’s now doubt we need to think hard about what is the role of a handful of network executives in manipulating and trying to deceive the voters because I think it’s a very dangerous dynamic we have right now.Beck also told Cruz that his organization has been inundated with people either wanting Cruz to run third party (Beck said he didn’t think Cruz would do that), or wanting Cruz to support Trump. Beck commented, “we can’t do that.”He asked Cruz what the senator thinks his supporters should do.