- An undercover agent, Ryan Schanberger, recently arrested Sebastian Gregerson for the purchase of illegal explosive material.
- Sebastian, aka Abdurrahman Bin Mikaayl, had been buying an arsenal of weaponry for over a year, including grenades and grenade launchers.
- The FBI began watching Gregerson back in 2015 after information was given to the government about his purchase and interest of explosives.
- He never admitted to his plan with the explosives or the arsenal of weapons, his detention hearing is on Thursday.
In a time of terror, it's good to know that America still has the ability to get the upper hand. We are constantly walking on eggshells, waiting for the other shoe to drop. The Islamic State has put us right where they want us, in a state of constant high alert. Yet, little victories like the one in Detroit, let us know that we still have the ability to win.
It seems that a man in Detroit has never heard the term, “undercover agent” because he bought explosives from one. The man, Sebastian Gregerson (29), was arrested for the unregistered possession of a destructive device and unlicensed receipt of explosive material. He had his first hearing on Monday but is being held until his Thursday detention hearing.
Officials have said that Gregerson expressed plans to stage an attack with the material. Now, I'm not sure about you but when I but my explosives I don't discuss to the world what I want to do with them. That's like the villain at the climactic scene in a movie revealing his plan, the hero escapes, and then stops his plan. If it doesn't work in James Bond Sebastian then it certainly won't work for you. By the way, I have never bought explosives.
[wps_products_gallery product_id=”4347636580403, 4333915537459, 4345885818931″]
Interestingly enough, in the Criminal Complaint documents that were filed and signed by the undercover agent, Ryan Schanberger, he calls Gregerson by a different name. In the beginning Introduction section of the document Schanberger said:
This affidavit is in support of a criminal complaint and arrest warrant charging Sebastian Gregerson, aka Abdurrahman Bin Mikaayl, with the unregistered possession of a destructive device, in violation of 26 U.S.C. Paragraph 5861 (d), and the unlicensed receipt of explosive materials, in violation of 18 U.S.C. Paragraph 842 (a)(3)(A).
Apparently, the FBI got wind of Gregerson, back in 2015, when an unidentified source claimed that he had obtained grenades and bazookas.
He spent over a year buying enough material to destroy a small city block.
From what I can pull from the Criminal Complaint documents it seems that the undercover agent has had several recorded conversations with Gregerson. The majority of the conversations revolved around grenades and grenade launchers. During on particular conversation, Gregerson admitted to owning a 37mm grenade launcher (there is no law against owning this) that fires smoke and flashbang grenades. He then went on to explain what kind of attack he would commit with it.
Gregerson also explained the process of making your own homemade “high explosive” grenades. He talked about how he had obtained empty 37mm grenade shells, and using the “high explosives” was making his own homemade grenades. Gregerson told the agent, “You know, stuff like that, it's not like it's rocket science you know, so you know. It's really not that complicated, you know.”
Finally, Gregerson bought 40mm grenades (illegal and highly explosive) from the undercover agent and was arrested on Sunday.
It was never fully admitted how Gregerson had planned to use the merchandise that he obtained. However, the evidence of his arsenal is enough to throw anyone in jail.
People may be trying to harm America, but one way or another, they will be caught. America, under no circumstances, negotiates with terrorists.
SEE RELATED: The U.S. Is Waiving The White Flag For ISIS
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine