- Joe Biden, the Vice President of the United States, officiated a marriage between two White House staffers in his home on Monday.
- The marriage was between, Brian Mosteller and Joe Mahshie.
- He posted pictures of the ceremony on his Twitter account, sending warm wishes to the two men.
There are a lot of things about Vice President Joe Biden that you probably didn't know. For starters, he obtained a temporary certification from the District to officiate a marriage in his home. Did you know that? I didn't think so.
The wedding was for Brian Mosteller and Joe Mahshie, two White House staffers. Apparently, the two men approached Biden and asked if he would officiate the ceremony for them. What better way to make your wedding memorable than to have the Vice President officiate it at his home.
[wps_products_gallery product_id=”4347662336051, 4371257884723, 4369477861427″]
The two White House staffers work directly with the First Family. Brian Mosteller is the director of Oval Office operations and the special assistant to President Barack Obama. Joe Mahshie, Brian's husband, works for the office of the First Lady Michelle Obama.
We all know the usual workplace policy, “don't dip your pen in the company ink.” However, most rules don't apply in the world of politics. Besides, when you have the Vice President marry you in his house, who's gonna tell you about workplace policy? You've got the Reverend Joe Biden on your side.
SEE RELATED: Obama Is Not An “Honorable” Man
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine