- A knife attack in London's Russel Square left one American woman dead, and five others injured.
- The 19-year-old attack has been reported to suffer from mental illness, and it is not assumed to have radicalized to Islam.
- No evidence has been found that supports the theory that the attack was planned, but rather seemed more spontaneous and random.
- Britain is increasing the number of police officers on the streets due to the increasing number of attacks.
A brutal stabbing rocked the heart of London's Russel Square yesterday, where six people suffered devastating wounds which lead to one American woman's death.
It has been reported that the attacker was a Norwegian man of Somali origin. The man was quickly arrested after the incident. However, the attack is not assumed to be the work of terrorist organizations. The investigators who are working the case say that all the evidence “increasingly points to this tragic incident as having been triggered by mental-health issues.”
The Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner, Mark Rowley said, “So far we have found no evidence of radicalization or anything that would suggest the man in our custody was motivated by terrorism.”
[wps_products_gallery product_id=”4347662336051, 4335184740403, 4334008467507″]
Apparently, the woman that died was a 60-year-old American. The five injured an American, a Brit, an Israeli, and an Australian, thankfully, did not suffer life-threatening injuries. Three so far have been released from the hospital while two remain.
You are going to see more police officers on the streets in the U.K. now. In a strange coincidence, the attack came just days after the police warned the public to be vigilant while in public places. The string of attacks, that have been inspired by the Islamic State, that recently have flooded the streets of Europe, was the inspiration to the warning. It seems that they were right to warn the public.
Apparently, police officers got numerous phone calls around 10:30 at night about a man attacking people with a knife in Russel Square. When officers arrived they used a stun gun to subdue the 19-year-old attack.
Knife attacks in Britain are actually more common than you might imagine. They have a very strict gun control policy which keeps guns off the street, yet in turn, it floods the streets with knives. In 2015 there were 186 knife-related killings alone if you were curious that is a third of all killings in Britain.
Hopefully, the increased police officer presents will help halt the increasing number of knife attacks on the streets of Britain.
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine