- New York Hates The American Flag (Image: MGN)
- The firefighters in the Arlington Fire District of Poughkeepsie, New York have been ordered to remove the American flags from their trucks.
- The order came from the Arlington Fire Commissioners Board on Monday morning.
- The flags were promptly taken down on Tuesday.
- The Commissioners Board says the flags are a “liability” not only for them but for “others.”
Apparently, a rash of online debates has caused fire commissioners in New York to order the removal of the American flag from their fire trucks. The order was given on Monday by the Arlington Fire District in Poughkeepsie, New York. The flags came down on Tuesday following the order.
The excuse that the Arlington Fire Commissioners Board Chairman Jim Beretta is using is that the board saw the flags as a “liability during normal operations for our people and other motorists.”
[wps_products_gallery product_id=”4335616426035, 4334006566963, 4333915537459”]
This has to be directly related to the fire station in Coventry, Rhode Island being asked to take down their flags after a fire district chairman likened the American flag to a symbol of terrorism. “They look like a bunch of yahoos … Like in the paper, like ISIS in Syria going to take over a city. I don’t think they need that big flag on the back of the truck. That’s not America to me. Those are a bunch of terrorists. So I’m going to ask you to take the flag off that truck.”
It's sad when people start bickering about the subject of our national flag. The flag used to be a subject of such pride and patriotism, and now our own fire departments aren't even allowed to fly it in support. What else will they take away from the people of America?
SEE RELATED: All Lives Matter: The Desensitization Of America
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine