With, all the pressing issues, this nation, and the rest, of the world, seem to be facing, regularly, one of the challenges, the United States, currently, faces, is, proceeding, forward, considering, a variety of factors, while prioritizing the most – urgent, time-sensitive ones, and proceeding, forward, in a responsive, proactive way!
Too often, we witness, politicians, who are elected, as public officials/ leaders, apparently, put their perceived, personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest, ahead of the country’s (and planet’s) actual, best interests!
Although there are many, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 of the most urgent priorities.
5 Most Urgent American Priorities
1. Protect all Constitutional guarantees: If this nation, is to remain, the voice of freedom, and democracy, to the rest of this world, we must, consistently, make, protecting all the Constitutional guarantees, instead of doing so, merely, on a convenient, self-serving basis!
The United States needs to protect, among other rights: free speech; free and independent Press; Freedom of Religion, etc. When, some emphasize the so-called, 2nd Amendment Rights while minimizing others, what does this indicate?
In the past, few years, we have witnessed, an explosive increase, in the number of crimes, involving guns, yet, politicians, continue, refusing to create some sort of sane controls!
For example, if we register cars, and license drivers, wouldn’t it, make sense, to register guns, and require a physical and mental health, and proficiency, in order to own and maintain a gun?
2. Climate and Environment: We must consider, ourselves, as the keepers, of the planet, protecting it, to transfer a world, with clean air and water, etc, to future generations!
Simply, because it may be challenging, does not mean, addressing Climate Change, sooner, rather than later, in a responsible manner, is not urgent! How can we protect the health, etc, without clean air and water, which requires, environmentally – responsible, leadership?
3. Unify/ Common ground/ Meeting of Minds: Our leaders must prioritize unifying all of us, seeking the common/ greater good, to address and bring – about, a significant, unifying, meeting – of – the – minds!
4. Balance of Powers: We need a Balance of Powers, between three, co-equal, branches of government, the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches! In the past few years, we have observed, what seems to be, a concerted effort, to blur, these lines!
5. Separation of Church and State: Our Founding Fathers, felt, strongly, while there must be protections, granting religious rights, there must be, no State Religion, and individuals, must have the right, to, either, practice their specific religious beliefs, or abstain, as they wish! We have witnessed, some, who seek to undue, this separation!
Wake up, America, and demand, public, elected officials, but the greater good, ahead of their personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest! Are you willing to demand, more and better, from those we elect?