- The mayor of Stockton, Anthony Silva, was arrested for distributing alcohol to minors, and to recording a game of strip poker with minors.
- The game of strip poker, apparently, took place in his bedroom at the Silver Lake Stockton youth camp that he runs.
- He is up for re-election in November, so this case comes at the worst time.
- Silva is sure that the charges will be dropped and is confident that no “real” evidence will be found.
It doesn't seem to be the best week for mayors. I'm not sure if it's the weather, the season, or a full moon, but the scum of the political world seem to be surfacing.
Anthony Silva, the mayor of Stockton, California was arrested yesterday for charges involving the delinquency of minors. It seems that the mayor has some skeletons in his closet. While at his Silver Lake Stockton youth camp Silva recorded confidential communications, provided alcohol to minors, and endangered the health of the campers.
The arrest actually comes from an incident stemming back to 2015. It has been reported that Silva's smartphone was confiscated by Homeland Security at the San Fransisco International Airport. He had just gotten off a plane from China, accompanying the delegation of Nothern California mayors after a weeklong conference.
[wps_products_gallery product_id=”4347567145011, 4333959544883, 4333982449715″]
It is unsure why Homeland Security seized his phone in the first place, but it was the evidence that was found that ended up sending him to jail.
This, of course, comes at the worst time because Silva is up for re-election in November. I'm sure he will do fine. Who doesn't want a mayor who is bordering on the line of a sex offender?
SEE RELATED: Iowa Has The Right Idea
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine