Governor Janet Mills (D) of Maine confirmed on Thursday that the shootings in Lewiston resulted in the deaths of eighteen people and the injuries of thirteen.
As Breitbart News reported on Wednesday night, the death toll from the horrific attacks had been put as high as 22, and preliminary reports indicated that scores had also been injured.
At a press conference, Governor Mills promised to employ all available means to track down the shooter and bring him to justice.
Col. William Ross of the Maine State Police gave a timeline of the shootings on Wednesday night, noting that the first shooting took place at the Sparetime Recreation center shortly before 7 o'clock.
Calls began to come in about a shooting in the Schemengees Bar & Grille Restaurant about ten minutes later.
He mentioned that eight people died at Schemengees and seven at Sparetime Recreation. Three more people who were taken to hospitals later died from their injuries, bringing the total number of fatalities to 18.
Ross said, “Ten of these victims still need to be identified at this time.”
Robert Card now has an arrest warrant out for him, and Ross emphasized that he ought to be viewed as “armed and dangerous.”
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine