- Six victims have been shot in two separate shootings in Minneapolis early Monday morning.
- One victim, who suffered a gunshot to the chest, is in serious condition at a nearby hospital.
- A man has been taken into custody for the second shooting.
- So far no suspects have been found in connection to the first shooting.
Minneapolis was struck with fear early Monday morning as two shootings occurred mere blocks from each other.
The first incident occurred, reportedly, around 2 am. According to Corey Schmidt, a spokesman for the Minneapolis Police, someone opened fire outside their downtown precinct. Officers who heard the shots responded immediately to find two men who had suffered gunshot wounds to the leg. The scene was quickly deemed a crime scene and a handgun was discovered in a nearby parking lot.
[wps_products_gallery product_id=”4333915537459, 4334003716147, 4335153741875″]
Only fifteen minutes later, officers heard the sounds of gunshots only a block away. When they arrived at the corner of Hennepin Avenue and 4th Street South they found four victims. Three men and one juvenile, all were wounded when they arrived.
So far no suspects have been discovered for the first shooting. However, police have taken a man into custody in connection with the second shooting. It is still unsure if he has any ties to the first shooting or the handgun that was found in the parking lot.
The police had said that the six victims have continued to be “uncooperative” during the investigation.
We will continue to track this story and keep you up to date with all that we discover.
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine