- A New Hampshire police officer saved a doll from a hot car.
- Officer Short got a report that an infant was locked in a hot car, but when he arrived and shattered the window to rescue the child he saw it was a doll.
- The doll is called a ‘reborn doll' it's designed to look life-like.
- Carolynne Seiffert, the owner of the doll, has been collecting them since her son died.
A New Hampshire police officer has recently found fame for his act of heroism. What did he do you ask? It was a hot day when the officer reported to an infant left inside a car. He quickly sprang into action, broke the window of the car to rescue the young child, only to find out that the child was, in fact, a doll.
Police Lt. Jason Short of Keene, New Hampshire is the hero. Officer Short had received information about an infant child left inside a car, which was parked in the parking lot of a busy shopping center.
Short said, “I got there as soon as I could. I don’t know how fast I was going, but it was quick.”
[wps_products_gallery product_id=”4335616426035, 4333953876019, 4333915537459”]
Sure enough, Short explained how he saw what he thought was an infant inside the car.
Officer Short then used his baton to shatter the window. He feared that the baby was dead because it “looked lifeless, looked dead.”
He continued to try to resuscitate the baby until he realized there was one problem. “This is a doll,” he said.
The doll is called a ‘reborn doll' it is manufactured to look identical to a real infant. The doll belongs to a woman named Carolynne Seiffert of Brattleboro, Vermont. Carolynne claims to own around 40 of the life-like dolls. She began her collection of the dolls a couple of years ago after the death of her son. She admits that she is embarrassed by the situation and upset about the damage to her car, however, the police department has said they would reimburse her for the damage.
Officer Short claims he has no regrets. “I would never assume that it’s a doll. I would always assume that it’s a child. I would never do anything different.”
SEE RELATED: American Flag Bearers Are Worse Than ISIS
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine