Connect with us

Breaking News

Police Officers Not Charged In Jacob Blake Shooting

Published

on

a police car-Police Officers Not Charged In Jacob Blake Shooting-ss-featured

Kenosha District Attorney Michael Gravely has announced that they will file no charges against any of the police officers involved in the shooting of Jacob Blake.

On Tuesday afternoon, Graveley said: “It is my decision now that no Kenosha law enforcement officer will be charged with any criminal offense based on the facts and laws.”

Last Year’s Incident

Last year, police officers shot Blake after he didn’t cooperate with police officers. The law enforcement officers had attempted to arrest him as he tried to enter a vehicle. At the time, Blake had reportedly admitted to possessing a knife, which the police later found inside the vehicle.

Police Officer Rusten Sheskey said he thought Blake was trying to kidnap a child while fleeing the scene. He said that’s why he shot Blake. Brendan Matthews, the officer’s attorney, also mentioned that if Sheskey had allowed Blake to drive away and something happened to the child, the narrative would change to how the officer did not do anything to stop Blake.

Warrant Against Blake

The New York Post also reported last year that the police did have a warrant of arrest against Blake. The police had it when they responded to the scene and shot him. The warrant indicated a woman filed a complaint that accused Blake of breaking in and sexual assault.

When the announcement was made, both conservative and progressive media criticized The Associated Press for the way they reported this decision. Those who slammed the AP said they left out critical context involving the case.

Breitbart Editor Joel Pollak commented, “Thanks, @AP, for zero context and extra racism. There was a warrant for Jacob Blake’s arrest. He visited his alleged sexual assault victim, who called 911. He then resisted arrest, and allegedly reached for a knife.” Pollak added, “He pleaded guilty to lesser charges. You guys rooting for riots?”

Raven_Steel_Ad-V2
Raven_Steel_Ad-06

Meanwhile, progressive writer Zaid Jilani said: “Off way for AP to write up a story where a man violated a restraining order against a woman who had charged he had sexually assaulted her, physically fought cops, had a knife, and was trying to get away with her kids in a possible chase situation. The way you would read the Associated Press’s writeup, there is no indication the police were acting in defense of the woman, themselves, and the children.”

Up Next:

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Copyright © 2020 Breaking News Alerts. This copyrighted material may not be republished without express permission. The information presented here is for general educational purposes only. MATERIAL CONNECTION DISCLOSURE: You should assume that this website has an affiliate relationship and/or another material connection to the persons or businesses mentioned in or linked to from this page and may receive commissions from purchases you make on subsequent web sites. You should not rely solely on information contained in this email to evaluate the product or service being endorsed. Always exercise due diligence before purchasing any product or service. This website contains advertisements.

[email]
[email]