Rush Limbaugh says his stage 4 lung cancer has progressed and told listeners that it’s “terminal.”
The conservative radio host said his most recent scans “did show some progression of cancer” on his nationally syndicated show Monday.
“It’s not dramatic, but it is the wrong direction,” he said.
Limbaugh, 69, was diagnosed with lung cancer in February and has missed several shows for treatment.
According to Fox News, his treatment program had been adjusted with chemotherapy drugs to stop the growth and had made it “manageable,” but Limbaugh and his doctors recognized it could “come back because it is cancer. It eventually outsmarts pretty much everything you throw at it.”
“It’s tough to realize that the days where I do not think I’m under a death sentence are over,” Limbaugh said Monday. “Now, we all are, is the point. We all know that we’re going to die at some point, but when you have a terminal disease diagnosis that has a time frame to it, then that puts a different psychological and even physical awareness to it.”
Limbaugh has hosted “The Rush Limbaugh Show,” syndicated nationally and heard locally on NewsRadio 570 WSYR in Syracuse, for more than 30 years. He received the Presidential Medal of Freedom at President Donald Trump’s State of the Union address in February.
Limbaugh said he plans to continue working for as long as he can.
“I feel very blessed to be here speaking with you today. Some days are harder than others. I do get fatigued now. I do get very, very tired now. I’m not gonna mislead you about that,” he told listeners.
“But I am extremely grateful to be able to come here to the studio and to maintain as much normalcy as possible — and it’s still true.”
Author Jeffrey Toobin suspended by the New Yorker after exposing himself during Zoom meeting
President Trump’s campaigning gets angrier, with attacks on Fauci, polls, press and staff
(c)2020 The Patriot-News (Harrisburg, Pa.)
Visit The Patriot-News (Harrisburg, Pa.) at www.pennlive.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.
- 99-Year-Old Veteran Survives Nazi Assassination, Plane Crash, Cancer, and COVID-19
- Infant Diagnosed with Inoperable Brain Tumor Now Cancer-Free
- Rush Limbaugh Criticizes Florida Labs for Not Reporting Negative COVID-19 Tests
Photo by Gage Skidmore/Flickr
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine