- A school shooting in Texas has left 1 dead and 2 injured.
- One student walked up to another and shot her before fatally shooting herself with the gun.
- A federal agent was also injured when he was shot by a marshal as they worked to secure the scene.
One is dead and two are injured after a school shooting in Texas Thursday morning.
Thursday morning erupted in panic at West Texas' Alpine High School where a female student walked up to another outside of the girl's restroom and shot and injured her. The shooter then fatally shot herself.
A federal agent was also injured when shot accidentally by a marshal as they responded to the scene.
The school staff and teachers worked quickly to get everyone safe behind locked doors. One junior who will remain anonymous due to her age said, “My teacher … yelled to everyone to get into the closet … We heard someone yelling and running down the hall. We all started crying.”
After some time, an officer came and banged on their door, evacuating them out of the classroom and off the campus.
“There was blood on the floor in the cafeteria that I saw when we went past it on our way out of the school,” the student said. “One of the officers told us to keep our hands up and run out of the building, so I only saw the blood quickly. It was so scary and very intense. I've never been so scared in my life.”
The Brewster County Sheriff's Office initially had said there were two shooters, but later corrected their statement saying that there had only been one.
So far, few other details have been released and no word on what may have caused the girl to shoot the other and herself. The quiet and remote community of Alpine lies about 200 miles southeast of El Paso and is home to about 6,500 people. The high school only has 280 students and they were in just their 3rd week of classes.
[wps_products_gallery product_id=”4333952499763, 4334008467507, 4335616426035″]
See Related – Gary Johnson Has Never Heard Of Aleppo
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine