At his historic arraignment Tuesday afternoon, former President Donald Trump pleaded not guilty to 34 charges of falsifying company documents in the first degree.
Just around 1:35 p.m., Trump was apprehended. Around 2:45 p.m., he stood before the court, which charged him with 34 counts of fabricating company documents.
The former president pleaded not guilty to indictment No. 71543-23.
The media was not permitted to live broadcast the court proceedings according to the judge's directives. Photographers, on the other hand, were permitted to enter the courtroom before the proceedings began. The photographers took pictures for a few minutes before exiting the courtroom.
Scott MacFarlane of CBS News described the courtroom, “as stuffy, warm, and feeling like an old middle school, not like ornate federal courtrooms.”
Around 1:30 p.m., the former president surrendered to authorities. He surrendered to police before his arraignment in the Manhattan courthouse.
He turned, waved, and fist-bumped his fans before slipping into a car on his way to the courts.
Trump posted on Truth Social shortly after arriving at the courthouse, “Seems so SURREAL — WOW, they are going to ARREST ME. Can’t believe this is happening in America. MAGA!”
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine