- Politics Aren't The Only Corrupt Thing About D.C. (Image: MGN)
- The Mayor of Fairfax, Virginia, Scott Silverthorne, was arrested for distributing methamphetamine for sexual encounters.
- He apparently was using a website that connected men for casual encounters to distribute the drug.
- The local police had received a tip about the operation and sent an undercover officer to meet with Silverthorne.
Fairfax, Virginia, ever heard of it? I haven't either, but apparently, the small town has some dark secrets. The mayor of Fairfax, Virgina, R. Scott Silverthorne was arrested yesterday for drug charges. Not just any kind of drug charges, though. Mayor Silverthorne was the victim of a sting. The police were investigating a “meth-for-sex” operation in the area and the Mayor happened to be a loyal customer.
[wps_products_gallery product_id=”4347567145011, 4392315519027, 4335153741875″]
The scandal just gets more interesting. The Fairfax County Police Department got a tip about a possible distributor of methamphetamine. They began digging and discovered that the distributor was arranging the transactions through a website designed for casual sexual encounters for men. That is when an undercover officer created a fake profile on the site, within days the distributor reached out. The distributor (Mayor Silverthorne) stated that he could provide methamphetamine in exchange for sexual encounters. The undercover officer agreed to meet for a “group” sexual encounter, the payment being the methamphetamine. Silverthorne agreed to meet and said he would bring men, as well as the drugs.
Not only was the Mayor arrested but his entire drug operation was brought down. His two suppliers, Juan Jose Fernandez, 34, and Caustin Lee McLaughlin, 21, of Maryland were also arrested by local authorities.
That just goes to show you that you can never judge a book by its cover. Mayor Silverthorne, who's father was also the Mayor of Fairfax back in the 70's and 80's, had been elected three times. He was also a substitute teacher, a part of the Fairfax City Council, and a drug dealer.
I think someone watched too many episodes of Breaking Bad.
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine