Connect with us

Breaking News

Most Voters Believe Indictments Won’t Hurt Trump, Poll Finds




A Rasmussen Reports poll issued Thursday said that most probable voters do not believe that former President Donald Trump's chances at the 2024 elections won't be harmed by the several political indictments he is currently facing.

The survey asked, “Will the prosecution of Trump hurt or help his chances of winning next year’s presidential election?”

Most, 55 percent, believe the prosecutions will either assist or damage the former president — 23 percent believe it will benefit, 32 percent believe it would “not make much difference,” and 35 percent believe it will hurt the former president.

Democrats are significantly more certain that Trump will suffer as a result of the political prosecution – 48 percent. Over a fifth believe it will have no effect.

Most Republicans and independents feel the political prosecutions will either assist or hurt the former president.

According to the survey:

“Most who voted for Trump in 2020 – 43% of those surveyed – don’t believe that the criminal charges against the former president will have a negative impact on his chances in 2024. Only 18% of Trump voters think the prosecution of Trump will hurt his chances of winning next year’s presidential election, while 39% say the prosecution will help his chances and 35% believe it will not make much difference.

Forty-nine percent (49%) of all Likely Voters say it’s likely they will vote for Trump next year, including 33% who are Very Likely to vote for Trump. Forty-seven percent (47%) aren’t likely to vote for Trump in 2024, including 40% who say they are Not At All Likely to vote for him.”

The poll was conducted on July 23-25, 2023, among 989 probable US voters and has a +/- 3% margin of error; it comes after months of political persecution against the former president. He has already been charged twice since declaring his presidential candidacy, once in March by a Manhattan grand jury and Soros-connected District Attorney Alvin Bragg on 34 charges of falsifying company documents relating to so-called “hush money” payments.

Up Next:

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Copyright © 2022 Breaking News Alerts. This copyrighted material may not be republished without express permission. The information presented here is for general educational purposes only. MATERIAL CONNECTION DISCLOSURE: You should assume that this website has an affiliate relationship and/or another material connection to the persons or businesses mentioned in or linked to from this page and may receive commissions from purchases you make on subsequent web sites. You should not rely solely on information contained in this email to evaluate the product or service being endorsed. Always exercise due diligence before purchasing any product or service. This website contains advertisements.