Weapons Confiscated From Antifa Militants in Portland
On Friday night, authorities made 13 arrests after armed Antifa militants destroyed an apartment building in downtown Portland. The perpetrators, who were wearing masks, carried guns, knives, hammers, and other weapons.
Officers from the Portland Police Bureau went to the scene at around 9 p.m. after Antifa members rioted in the city’s Pearl District. They established a manned perimeter where reporters, “legal observers,” and those who have medical conditions can leave the said area after informing the police of their identities.
This controversial law enforcement tactic, also known as kettling, was effective during the incident. The rioters refused to comply with it and instead, locked arms together to interfere with the police. The police escorted or carried them away, one-by-one, and then arrested them.
A couple of weeks before this incident, Antifa rioters had caused damage to the same area in another pre-planned rally.
Portland Antifa Rioters Arrested
Some of the rioters identified and arrested are the following:
- Tara Walker, 36 years old, was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon. She was also charged for unlawfully possessing a firearm, carrying a loaded firearm in public and resisting arrest. She posted bail shortly after her arrest.
- Katrina Walker, 26 years old, is the sibling of Tara Walker. She was arrested for the possession of an illegal firearm. Instead of being jailed, she was criminally cited for the charges. Prior to this incident, she had been arrested for another Antifa riot back in August 2020.
- Cody James Connel, 36, was arrested and charged with interfering with a peace officer and second-degree disorderly conduct. He also received charges for resisting arrest. On Monday, authorities dropped the latter two charges, and he was released for pretrial supervision.
- Sean Gabriel Lopez, 26, was criminally cited for interfering with a peace officer. He is reportedly a Black Lives Matter rapper who has been arrested multiple times in 2020 during violent protests. However, all charges against him had been dropped.
- Alissa Eleanor Azar, 29, was arrested for interfering with an officer. She was also charged with second-degree disorderly conduct.
Prior to Friday’s “direction action” march, which was previously announced, the neighborhood association of Portland’s Pearl District warned people in the community that violence could potentially take place. They asked people to stay indoors as much as possible.
When is Joe Biden going to condemn Antifa.
I could not but help notice the police arrests of last Friday in this article. All were released on bail, or even non-bail. When arrested on such charges there should be no bail and the perpetrators should be jailed or penned up in an enclosure. No release until a trial has ensued.