Republican Rep. Elise Stefanik of New York brought up the topic of Hunter Biden’s “lucrative position as a member of the board of the Ukrainian natural gas firm,” Burisma Holdings, when his father was leading policy in the region as vice president.
“You testified that in this particular practice Q&A with the Obama State Department, it wasn’t just generally about Burisma and corruption, it was specifically about Hunter Biden and Burisma. Is that correct?” asked Stefanik, in which Yovanovitch replied with “Yes, it is.”
Stefanik highlighted that Yovanovitch was prepared to answer questions about Hunter Biden being part of the Burisma board and expressed frustration about how “Yovanovitch had been prepped to answer questions about Biden by the Obama administration” and “Republicans have been criticized for asking similar questions.”
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine