The mainstream media (MSM) has been falling over themselves in praising Joe Biden’s Vice Presidential pick in Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.). Their only lament? She may be too “moderate” for a party that has moved fully into embracing Communism and Socialism. These articles declaring Harris a moderate are laughable given her track record; if anything, the MSM is attempting to convince on-the-fence voters that a Biden-Harris ticket is palatable.
There may have never before been an election in which a Vice Presidential pick garnered such attention. At 77, Biden would be the oldest President to ever take office if he won. He has already promised to serve only one term, if he lives long enough. This puts Harris’s stance on major issues directly in the limelight, and voters must understand that their vote for Biden is a vote for Harris as President.
Harris embraces her role as “Top Cop,” which she earned by serving as the top prosecutor of San Francisco from 2004 to 2011 and attorney general of California from 2011 to 2017. But she has repeatedly flip-flopped on issues that matter to the people: she previously opposed a statewide police body camera mandate, fought against a reduction to California’s mandatory minimum law, and opposed the legalization of marijuana.
These days, you will hear Harris boast about the California Department of Justice becoming the first statewide agency in the country to adopt a body camera program under her watch as attorney general. But her statement about body camera use throughout the country was a more tapered approach:
“I as a general matter believe that we should invest in the ability of law enforcement leaders in specific regions and with their departments to use [their] discretion to figure out what technology they are going to adopt based on needs that they have and resources they have,” Harris told reporters in Sacramento in May 2015.
It is not unusual to see Harris change her stance and adopt a more appealing strategy for Democratic voters, and her opinion on body cameras is just one example. She also now supports the legalization of marijuana.
Supporter of Socialist Policies
Most recently, Harris has aligned herself with members of the Democratic party that would be considered by many to be at the most extreme Socialist end of the spectrum: Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.).
Harris previously co-sponsored Sanders’ Medicare-For-All Bill before designing her own complicated Medicare-For-All plan, which would take 10 years to fully implement.
Of even more concern is Harris’s support for AOC’s Green New Deal, which she co-sponsored in 2019. The American Action Forum estimates the Green New Deal could cost as much as $94 trillion over 10 years, $600,000 per household, making it the most expensive plan ever proposed.
Highlights of the Green New Deal?
- Single-payer health care
- “Upgrading all existing buildings in the United States and building new buildings to achieve maximal energy efficiency, water efficiency, safety, affordability, comfort, and durability, including through electrification.”
- A new system of publicly-owned banks
- “Free” college tuition
- “Universal access to healthy food”
- “Guaranteeing a job with a family-sustaining wage, adequate family and medical leave, paid vacations, and retirement security to all people of the United States”
- The complete destruction of the fossil-fuel industry
- Requirements that would prevent Americans from purchasing gasoline-powered cars
Know Your Candidates
Real change comes from the people – know who you are voting for on November 3. A quick Google search will return current viewpoints of candidates, but do your research. Past policy positions, opportunism, and political alignments are revealing tools to determine exactly who is running for office.
- Expect Open Borders if Biden Takes White House
- REMINDER: BIDEN’S POLICIES RESULTED IN JOB LOSS
- OPINION: Why Joe Biden Blew It In The Way He Picked Kamala Harris
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine