Thanks to many cable sources and the Internet there are over 100 alternatives to Democrat controlled media for conservatives to spend their time and resources in order to gain information. While there over 100 alternatives, we are going to list the top 31 of the list so you, the reader, can choose the one that works best for you.
Breaking News Alert: Facebook Is Suppressing Politically Conservative Content. Join PatriotPlanet.com Today and Let Your Voice Be Heard.
FOX News needs no explanation. It made its debut in 1996 and has been taking liberals to task ever since, dominating the ratings along the way. FOX News is not only the most popular Republican news source online and on cable TV, it’s one of the largest websites, period.
Founded by the late Andrew Breitbart in 2007, Breitbart is one of the most controversial right-wing sites in the world. Critics often label the site as being racist, sexist, and anti-many things, but conservative people pay no heed. Breitbart saw a steady rise leading up to the 2016 Presidential Election, and has continued to be a dominating force in right wing news.
Founded in 2009, and independently owned by the Brown family, Western Journal (and its sister Conservative Tribune) has become a powerhouse in conservative circles. The site prides itself on its conservative content, which the site claims is grounded in traditional Christian ethics.
The Daily Caller is the work of conservative Tucker Carlson. It’s been around since the year 2010. The Daily Caller has continued to rise in prominence. The site is ad-heavy, but the content is valued by right leaning people, as evidenced by its tens-of-millions of monthly visitors.
5. The Drudge Report
The DRUDGE REPORT acts as a news aggregator, collecting and posting the biggest right-wing stories of the day on their homepage. If you want a broad overview of what’s happening in politics, DRUDGE REPORT is what you’re looking for.
6. Zero Hedge
Zero Hedge started out as an investment-focused blog. Investments is still a topic of main highlights in this blog, but along the way they drifted into political news and commentary, where they’ve found great success. If you’re into investing, and have an ideological leaning to the right, Zero Hedge is a great source for you.
7. Daily Wire
Daily Wire has become one of the leaders of the right-wing news when it comes to editorials. Lead by Ben Shapiro, the high quality of the site’s content and popularity of its staff has given way to it becoming a success. In under four years, it’s become one of the most-popular and most-respect sites by pro-Republican people.
Founded in 2005, the Washington Examiner started out as a daily newspaper. Before long, this source moved from print media to exclusively online. The switch worked out brilliantly, as the Examiner has become one of the biggest names in right-wing news sources.
This is another site which critics call “controversial.” The Gateway Pundit offers a huge number of articles. Founded in 2004 by Jim Hoft (Gateway is a reference to Hoft’s hometown of St. Louis), The Gateway Pundit has become a staple of right-wing readers. Left leaning people like to call this source “fake news.” But don’t you believe that!
10. Washington Times
The Washington Times website branched off from the Washington Times newspaper, which has been in circulation since 1982.
11. The Blaze
The Blaze is straight from Glenn Beck. This used to be one of the huge right-wing sites, but it’s taken a sizable popularity hit, thanks in part to its anti-Trump position, and now sits outside of the top 10. They recently merged with Mark Levin’s CRTV, forming Blaze Media, in hopes of regaining some lost steps.
12. National Review
The digital branch of the legendary William F. Buckley’s same-named magazine, many conservative have soured on the National Review for their perceived soft conservatism and anti-Trump articles. They still have a solid republican following, however.
13. Rush Limbaugh
Didn’t Rush Limbaugh push the envelope first? He at least began the conservative movement on talk-radio and now also has a website to compliment his show.
14. WorldNetDaily (WND) – WND was founded in 1997 by Joseph Farah. Their coverage extends beyond politics and into finances and religion.
15. The Federalist
Founded by Ben Domenech and Sean Davis in 2013, The Federalist has quickly risen to become one of the most popular right-wing sites in the world. They have great writers who publish great content for conservative readers.
Created by Michelle Malkin in 2012, Twitchy has more of a fun, youthful feel than most of the sites on this list.
17. Red State
Red State’s another conservative site that tried to go the never Trump route and ended up paying for it. They have been bigger, but those days ended once their traffic started plummeting over the past three years. We will see what happens in the coming year.
A newcomer to the list. Big League Politics has some popular right-wing journalists working for them, and they aren’t afraid to post controversy. Expect them to continue aggressively climbing this list in the months to come.
19. Bill O’Reilly
Bill O’Reilly has his own website and he is not afraid to use it to keep his thoughts alive and live.
20. The Matt Walsh Blog – Matt Walsh has written for most of the top conservative sites, and this is his home base.
21. PJ Media – PJ Media is a conservative opinion and commentary collaborative blog that was founded in 2004. Its majority owner was technology entrepreneur, billionaire, and angel investor Aubrey Chernick. Salem Media Group bought the company in 2019.
Newsmax or Newsmax.com, previously styled NewsMax, is an American news and opinion website founded by Christopher Ruddy and operated by Newsmax Media. The website is divided into four main sections: Newsmax, Newsmax Health, Newsmax Finance, and Newsmax World, each divided into various subsections,
23. American Thinker
American Thinker is a daily online magazine dealing with American politics, foreign policy, national security, Israel, economics, diplomacy, culture and military strategy with a conservative viewpoint.
24. Human Events
Human Events is a conservative American political news and analysis newspaper and website. Founded in 1944 as a print newspaper, Human Events became a digital-only publication in 2013.
25. The Weekly Standard – The Weekly Standard was an American political magazine of news, analysis and commentary published 48 times per year. Its founding publisher, News Corporation, debuted the title on September 18, 1995. Currently, this is an online magazine with a conservative slant on news.
26. The Wall Street Journal – The Wall Street Journal does not always run conservative articles but does run conservative editorials often enough to be considered at least a fair news service in some editorials. News in The Journal does not always have bias but is newsworthy and actually lets the reader make up his or her own mind.
27. The Orange County Register – The Orange County Register is the newspaper for the region that once propelled Ronald Reagan to become the governor of California and then President of the United States.
28. The American Spectator – The American Spectator was founded in 1924 by George Jean Nathan and Truman Newberry. In 1967, the Saturday Evening Club took it over and renamed it The Alternative: An American Spectator.
After operating under the name, The Alternative: An American Spectator for several years, in 1977 the magazine changed its name to The American Spectator because, in editor Tyrrell’s words, “the word ‘alternative’ had come to be associated almost exclusively with radicals and with their way of life.”
In fact, Tyrrell had started the magazine on the campus of Indiana University Bloomington in 1967 as a conservative alternative to the student radicalism at the nation’s universities in the 1960s. American Spectator is not affiliated with The Spectator, a British magazine of somewhat similar format and conservatism.
29. Bearing Arms – This site will educate, inform and guide readers through the history of the Second Amendment and the battles across the US – in each state – to protect the right to bear arms. It covers gun culture, from providing firearm education to exposing attacks on the Second Amendment to assuring that stories of guns saving lives see the light of day.
30. Cato Institute – Cato provides keen analysis of libertarian issues and values with links to the full resources and activities of this liberty-orientated think-tank.
Touted as “Real News in a Fake World,” Breaking News Alerts is the newest conservative news site on the list but is quickly becoming one of the go-to resource for breaking news, videos, and the latest top stories in world news, business, politics and pop culture that matter most to American patriots.
There are literally more than 100 conservative websites, news sources, and blogs for a conservative person to read and listen to in order to get the latest right-leaning reports. One might think the Democrat controlled media is no more! Conservatives seem to have multiplied their sources by tens in the last decade and in particular the last 3 to 6 years on the web and airwaves. Stay tuned in to see the next rising bright star in 2020.