Congresswoman Mariannette Miller-Meeks won Iowa's 2nd Congressional seat. Now, Speaker Pelosi is attempting to unseat her and steal the race for the Democrats– 140 days after the election was held.
Here are the facts:
- November 3, 2020: Congresswoman Miller-Meeks was named the winner in the race for Iowa's 2nd Congressional seat.
- November 30, 2020: After a district-wide recount, the Iowa State Board of Canvassers subsequently certified the election results.
- January 3, 2021: Congresswoman Miller-Meeks was sworn in as a member of Congress.
- Speaker Pelosi sent a letter congratulating Rep. Miller-Meeks on her victory.
But instead of challenging the election in Iowa's courts, her opponent, Mrs. Rita Hart, decided she has a better chance of stealing this election in Congress, “To me, there was only one way to get the result that we need.”
Mrs. Hart's request to the Committee on House Administration was granted on strictly party lines. It launched a probe where the results of the election are once again being reviewed. This time, it will be by a partisan political panel.
Miller-Meeks Rightfully Won Congressional Seat
The votes in Iowa's 2nd District were counted, recounted, and also certified. Rep. Miller-Meeks is the indisputable winner and will serve out the term she rightfully won.
A United States Army veteran who selflessly served for 24 years and earned the rank of Lt. Colonel before founding her own private medical practice, Congresswoman Miller-Meeks' unique expertise has allowed her to make an immediate impact in her district, and in our conference. She serves on the House GOP Doctors Caucus as well as the Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis, has volunteered to administer Covid vaccines to her constituents in her free time, introduced legislation that would require a negative COVID-19 test before any illegal immigrant arrivals are released from custody, and recently traveled with a delegation of House Republicans to our southern border where she analyzed Biden's Border Crisis firsthand.
Congresswoman Miller-Meeks has also already made an impact through her work on her Congressional committee assignments, including the Committee on Homeland Security, the Committee on Veterans' Affairs, and the Committee on Education and Labor.
Democrats are simply playing politics in an attempt to bolster their razor-thin majority. Congresswoman Miller-Meeks is the legitimate winner of Iowa's 2nd Congressional seat. Therefore, Republicans will do everything in our power to ensure that Speaker Pelosi and House Democrats are unsuccessful in their attempt to remove her from her rightful position in Congress.
- Iowa House Passes Gun Bill that Removes Requirement for Permit
- Democrats Use Boulder Tragedy to Push Gun Control Agenda
- Colorado Republican Warns of Insurrection Over Dem Gun Bill
Source: Republican Leader
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine