Donald Trump started off the day with a trip to Mexico and a meeting with President Enrique Peña Nieto. After giving a press conference with the Mexican president, he flew into Phoenix to give his much-anticipated speech on immigration.
If you watched his earlier speech then you will see how different this one is. Where the first speech was very nice, calm, and diplomatic, his speech in Phoenix was one of the most aggressive we have seen yet.
Now, for what it's worth the two speeches aren't in opposition to each other, but the tone was very different.
This was the Trump we have seen time and time again. he worked the crowd into a frenzy with his talk of immigration reform. His points are as follows.
- The wall will be built.
- No more catch and release. When we catch them we deport them.
- Zero tolerance for illegal immigrants that break the law. They get deported regardless of circumstance.
- Triple the number of deportation officers.
- Repeal the executive orders that Obama passed that offers illegal immigrants work visas and protects them from deportation.
- Immediately stop issuing visas to any country where “adequate screenings cannot occur.”
- Force counties to take back deported immigrants.
- Install an entry and exit visa tracking system. According to Trump, “it will be on land, it will be on sea, it will be in the air.”
Trump also spoke of an “ideological certification,” to make sure ” that those we are admitting to our country share our values and love our people.” It is unclear how such a thing would be conducted, but a point that is definitely worth noting.
Donald Trump also launched into Hillary Clinton saying that illegal immigrants won't avoid punishment the way Hillary has and then saying maybe they should deport her.
In the end, I think these two speeches give a well-rounded view of the man and his complications. I find it a shame that the liberal media has latched onto this one while largely ignoring his speech from Mexico. But there we have it … If Donald Trump is tough on one thing … It's immigration.
[wps_products_gallery product_id=”4335153741875, 4334006566963, 4333959544883″]
See Related – Mr. Trump Goes To Mexico
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine