“Sometimes in the heat of debate and speaking on a multitude of issues you don't choose the right words or you say the wrong thing … I have done that … and believe it or not, I regret it.”
Words that no one expected to come out of Donald Trump's mouth on Thursday. Hopefully, this shows the beginning of a shift that is very much needed in Trump's campaign, one that has been long overdue.
Donald Trump needs to start appealing to the larger voter base this election. I fear that he has already waited too long to do so, but only time will tell if this speech can undo some of the perceived notions that have surrounded him.
This speech was no doubt the work of Steve Bannon, the head of the Breitbart News website and Trump's newest campaign chief executive officer.
Bannon has already demonstrated a cooling touch for Trump and has given him the tools needed to change his image in the public's eye. I'm glad to see that Trump went with the advice and has not given up fighting for the white house. Although, only time will tell. We should know shortly if Donald Trump will stick with the new direction or if he will fall back on old habits.
[wps_products_gallery product_id=”4334006566963, 4335189000243, 4344714494003″]
See Related – Hillary Clinton Is “Too Big To Jail”
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine