President Trump’s daughter and senior adviser, Ivanka Trump, described on Thursday the two fraud investigations into her father and his New York businesses as “100% motivated by politics, publicity and rage.”
“This is harassment pure and simple. This ‘inquiry’ by NYC Democrats is 100% motivated by politics, publicity and rage,” Ivanka Trump wrote on Twitter. “They know very well that there’s nothing here and that there was no tax benefit whatsoever. These politicians are simply ruthless,” she then added.
It is not clear whether any investigation has gathered enough evidence to charge Trump with fraud or other crimes. Fox News explained that “prosecuting a former president would be an unprecedented step in a country that has long sought to sweep aside a departing commander-in-chief’s alleged transgressions in favor of a peaceful transition of power.”
Meanwhile, The New York Times published details of Trump’s confidential tax returns in September. It reported that he did not pay income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years. According to the report, Trump paid $750 in federal taxes in 2016 and $750 again in 2017. Additionally, he is the only modern president who has refused to make his tax returns public.
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine