Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) announced his candidacy for speaker of the House to Breitbart News.
Jordan rose to prominence as a fierce opponent of President Barack Obama and Republican Speakers John Boehner (R-OH) and Paul Ryan (R-WI).
Jordan went from being the main source of annoyance for Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) to becoming one of his staunchest allies, which helped him rise to the head of the Judiciary Committee.
He is without a doubt one of the House Republicans' most effective goons in the fight against suspected corruption in the White House and among the Bidens, and he is a crucial player in the investigation into President Joe Biden's impeachment by the House Republicans.
The well-known conservative still controls a sizable portion of the Republican Party's conservative wing and was a founding member of the House Freedom Caucus.
Conservatives are a strong foundation of support for Jordan as he launches his candidacy; many have declared their determination to select him after McCarthy was removed as speaker on Tuesday night.
The nine-term member is an effective fundraiser who may be in a unique position to bring together the conservative element of the party, including those who voted to remove McCarthy as speaker, and the establishment group with which he has increasingly worked together.
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine