American rapper Kanye West has announced that he wants to make a Christian version of TikTok called Jesus Tok.
“A vision just came to me… Jesus Tok,” he said on Twitter. “I was watching Tik Tok with my daughter and as a Christian father, I was disturbed by a lot of the content but I completely loved the technology.”
In another tweet, West said, “We pray we can collaborate with Tik Tok to make a Christian monitored version that feels safe for young children and the world.”
The New York Post explained that TikTok has indeed been “slammed by critics recently for its sordid clips ranging from Nazi-lauding videos to potentially deadly stunts.”
— CHRISTIAN BULLETIN (@CB_Uganda) August 20, 2020
According to Fox Business, his tweets came days after he received his first-ever Gospel music nomination for the Dove Awards for his album “Jesus Is King.” He also recently announced that he is “looking for a new trusted Christian CFO,” but it is unclear what it is for.
Days later, he tweeted about his progress: “THANK EVERYBODY FOR THEIR PRAYERS… I FOUND MY CHRISTIAN CFO. GOD IS SO GOOD,” he wrote.
“WE GOT IN CONTACT WITH TIK TOK PRAISE THE LORD. I’LL KEEP EVERYONE UPDATED!” West wrote.
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine