- On Friday Morning, North Korea test detonated a 10 megaton nuclear device, their biggest yet.
- The U.S., Japan, South Korea, and China were all quick to condemn the actions and have called for an emergency meeting on Friday of the U.N. Security Council.
- This comes shortly after the U.S. announced plans to instal a missile defense system in South Korea, a move that North Korea called an act of war.
- There are rumours that North Korea is getting its nuclear material from Pakistan.
Early on Friday morning (local time) North Korea detonated their 5th nuclear bomb. This time, the bomb was their biggest yet at 10 megatons. To put things into perspective the bomb we dropped on Hiroshima was 15 megatons.
The blast was first reported in South Korea as an earthquake, but was later to be found originating from Punggye-ri, the same test site as the four previous explosives.
North Korea's bombs are not large and they haven't yet successfully detonated one on a ballistic missile. However, both their missile and nuclear tests have both improved significantly in the last few years and they have stated their intent numerous times. In the not too distant future, they will launch a missile at South Korea, Japan, and the United States. Although the latter, the U.S. would take considerably better missile technology.
[wps_products_gallery product_id=”4333970718771, 4334000898099, 4334010171443″]
This also comes shortly after the U.S. announced its plans for a new missile defense system in South Korea. North Korea said publicly that this would be considered a provocation and an act of war.
President Obama, who just returned from his Asia summit, was quick to condemn the actions of North Korea and stated, “To be clear, the United States does not, and never will, accept North Korea as a nuclear state.”
See Related – Turkey Has Done What Obama Won't And Defeated ISIS
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine