The American Red Cross currently has a critical need for blood donors of all blood types – especially type O – and platelet donors to make an appointment now to give and help replenish the blood supply after the holiday weeks.
Ohio area blood drives include:
- Monday, Jan. 13, Noon-5:30 p.m., Church of Christ, 500 Providence St., Delta
- Tuesday, Jan. 14, Noon-6 p.m., Crossroads Evangelical Church, 845 E. Leggett St., Wauseon
- Thursday, Jan. 30, 2:30-7:30 p.m., Evergreen Elementary School, 14844 County Road 6, Metamora
Right now, the Red Cross has less than a three-day supply of type O blood.
As a special thank you, those who come to give blood or platelets Jan. 1-19 will automatically be entered for a chance to win two tickets to Super Bowl LIV, entry to the official NFL Tailgate, tickets to Super Bowl Experience at the Miami Beach Convention Center, round-trip airfare to Miami, three-night hotel accommodations at The Alexander – All Suite Oceanfront Resort from Jan. 31 to Feb. 3, and a $500 gift card for expenses. Additional details are available at RedCrossBlood.org/SuperBowl.
Donors can make an appointment to give using the Red Cross Blood Donor App, visiting RedCrossBlood.org, calling 1-800-733-2767 or enabling the Blood Donor Skill on any Alexa Echo device.
© © 2020 AIM Media Midwest Operating, LLC.
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine