The United States of America certainly does not have any worse apolitical and/or electoral/ voting system than most other nations around the world. Unfortunately, it remains far – too partisan, and this refusal to seek a meeting-of-the-minds for the greater good, often, harms this country!
Many Americans seem to be proud of our heritage in terms of the visions and supposed – intents of our Founding Fathers. It is those Constitutional guarantees of rights and freedoms that have the potential to make a significant difference for the better of the nation and our citizens! This seems to have gotten worse in recent times with the level of polarization, hate crimes, and attempts to divide us, and deprive many of their equal rights and justice!
With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly consider examine review and discuss 5 specific ways excessive partisan politics harms this nation!
5 Ways Partisan Politics Harms The Nation
1. No meeting – of – the – minds, for the greater good: Not only, is there no meeting – of – the – minds, for the greater good but it seems very – little, attempt to achieve this objective! When so many seem driven – by their personal/ political agenda and/ or what they perceive as their self-interest and equate opinions they like. With facts, it has the potential to harm us in a relevant and sustainable manner! Apparently, these leaders certain politicians to articulate a message which pits – one American against another and results – in little true benefits/ beneficial actions/ plans being achieved!
2. Driven by personal/ political agenda and self-interest, not common good: Unless/ until voters demand better and more from their elected officials pay greater attention and demand viable solutions and strategic actions politicians will continue articulating a message they believe is populist and will continue getting them reelected! We must do better as voters!
3. Very little (of – consequence), achieved: Why do we accept a continuation of the same – old, same-old behaviors when we need far – better? Issues, which should be priorities and considered promptly seem to be avoided and/ or ignored and very little progress seems to be achieved regarding time-sensitive obstacles including Climate Change environmental issues and reducing – the – divide between our citizens!
4. Constant, us, versus, them, instead of strategic planning: The level of polarization today seems to be the worst in recent memory! Too many seem to care only about themselves and their perceived – interests instead of the greater good, especially in a realistic relevant sustainable empathetic way! We need well-considered strategic planning which provides us with the best – path – forward, in a proactive manner!
5. Populist rhetoric/ promises, instead of real solutions, etc: Only, when voters decide to assume personal responsibility and consider the bigger – picture and demand actual solutions and paths – forward rather than merely populist rhetoric and empty promises will our nation proceed more wisely, etc!
Wake up America and pay closer attention to those who run – for elected office! It’s up – to each of us to assume greater personal responsibility in this regard!