- Obama Is Granting Fugitive Immigrants Citizenship (Image: MGN)
- Over 800 immigrants were granted citizenship by mistake.
- An internal audit of the Department of Homeland Security discovered the error.
- Over 300,000 known illegal immigrants waiting for deportation are missing digital fingerprint records.
- The same problem occurred in 2008 when over 200 immigrants were discovered with citizenship under false names.
It seems that the Obama Administration is unable to keep track of the countless illegal immigrants that are “detained” inside the United States borders. An internal audit of the Department of Homeland Security was released on Monday and the findings weren't great. Over 800 immigrants who were in holding under pending deportation orders were “mistakenly” granted citizenship.
The audit discovered that the immigrants applied for citizenship under different names or birthdates to both U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Unfortunately, no fingerprints were on file for the immigrants which allowed the discrepancies to slip through the cracks. Yet, somehow, the Department of Homeland Securities Inspector General, John Roth, was able to discover the error.
[wps_products_gallery product_id=”4334000898099, 4333982449715, 4333962657843″]
There were also 953 immigrants, that were identified by the Department of Homeland Security, that had been naturalized despite their pending deportation orders. It is unknown if there are any digital fingerprints on file for them.
Over 315,000 immigrants with either final deportation orders or who are known to be fugitive criminals are missing digital fingerprints. The Immigration and Customers Enforcement has yet to review 148,000 of those files to add in the digital fingerprints.
The problem is occurring because the older paperwork files from the 1990's were never added to the fingerprint databases. The Department of Homeland Security didn't start adding digital fingerprints to immigration records until 2010.
The audit, that was released yesterday, reported that two criminal cases lead to the stripping of their citizenships. However, prosecutors also declined 26 cases. The Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency is investigation another 32 cases after closing 90 others.
There is a danger to national security when immigrants are granted citizenship illegally. It allows them access to sensitive security jobs. One of the immigrants who acquired citizenship actually became a police officer. While others got aviation and or transportation credentials, which allowed them access to secure areas in airports.
SEE RELATED: Ford Chooses Profits Over People In Move To Mexico
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine