On Wednesday, Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC.) called out a gun grab proposal created by Democrats. He also mentioned that if they want to get his firearms, they would have to “come and take them.”
During the floor debate on Wednesday, Cawthorn stated that he wanted to remind his colleagues of a fact often ignored by Democrats. He simply stated that people in America have the right to acquire firearms “for lawfull purposes.”
The representative then clarified to everyone in the House that they will not take these rights away from Americans. He also mentioned that when they say “Come and Take It,” those who own firearms mean it.
Cawthorn then slammed the Democrats’ goal of pushing for gun control. He also described the said efforts as a “bastardization of the Constitution,” and warned that it will not be met with silence.
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine