Republican And Democrats Politics | My vote doesn't count! They're all the same thing! I hate politics and politicians! How often do we hear someone say, something, like this?
Anyone, paying attention, realizes, there are many reasons so may, are turned – off, to politics, and our political system, including voting, but, while many individuals, in both parties, are undesirable, etc, it often seems, as – though, while Democrats, eat – their – own, and lack any unity.
Republicans, appear to prioritize, politics, and personal agendas/ self – interest, over service and representation!
For example, while Democrats, put pressure – on, former – Senator Al Franken, to resign, over, what appeared, to be, a nothing – burger, the Grand Old Party members, vote, in a nearly – unanimous way, even, on issues, such as infrastructure, public health and safety, and permitting, excessive vitriol, etc, and refusing to do, anything, about it!
With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 key differences, between the two main, American political parties.
5 Key Differences Between Republican And Democrats Politics And Policies
1. Accusations about the GOP (Jordan, Trump, Goetz, Nunes. etc), versus, the Democrats (Franken, etc): Despite, repeated, often – significant, accusations against individuals, such as Jim Jordan, Donald Trump, Goetz, and Nunes, these individuals, proceeded, in – office, and with no major ramifications, for their behaviors and actions!
For example, while Trump was accused by over a dozen women, for many, sexually – related, crimes, and became President, New York Governor Cuomo, was forced, to resign, because of lesser accusations, and former – Senator Franken, for truly, apparently – insignificant offenses!
It is no – wonder, many feel enabled, and entitled, because, they know, or feel, nothing will happen to them!
2. The Senate Impeachment Trial: Although, President Trump was impeached, twice, by the House of Representatives, he believed, correctly, there was no way, the Senate, would convict, because, that would require, a significant, supermajority, and his party, would not, vote, to convict!
How it could, even, be considered, a trial, when, so many Republicans, stated, in – advance, before, it even began, they would vote, to acquit!
This has, even, to – date, created a situation, when the former – President, appears, to still, be the prominent member of his political party!
3. The Policy/ Politics Balance: There has, and will always, be partisan politics, but, in certain priority scenarios, shouldn't every elected official, put policy and people, ahead of politics?
Why, should something, as horrific as this pandemic, even, after, over 800, 000 Americans have died, and tens – of – millions, been infected, be viewed, from a partisan perspective?
Why do they refuse to, make any true effort, to address, the horrors, of gun violence, and agree, on a common sense, strategy, to make a difference, for the better?
How many more, must die, because elected officials, seem to, be uncaring, and settle for the same – old, same – old, politics, as usual?
4. Messaging: While Republicans, often, proceed, with unified messaging, which inspires, unites, and pleases, their core majority, their opposition, does not!
The constant differences, between the so-called, progressives, and moderates, of the Democratic party, where idealism, often, seems to get in the way, of pragmatic achievements, etc, their opponents, often, instruct people, to ignore, what they see, witness, and understand, and, believe, them, instead! How is that healthy?
5. Political strategy: The GOP focused on local legislatures, in the attempt, to shape their political districts, to their benefit, ensuring Republican control, by a far – larger difference, than the actual one! On the other hand, we rarely witness, much unity, when it comes to the Democrats!
Wake up, America, because, when the existing, 2 – Party system, seems inadequate, failure to address this, sooner, rather than later, puts our democracy, and many of its freedoms, and rights, at – risk!
Will you become a more – responsible voter, and demand better, and more?