- Twitter Bans Milo Because He Speaks The Truth (Image: MGN)
- Twitter has officially banned Milo Yiannopoulos from the use of their site.
- It seems odd that someone voicing their opinion can get banned from a social media site, when other posts, that are threatening people, are allowed to remain.
- Posts like, “Let's #ShootRepublicans #Politicans,” are allowed to remain up on their site for weeks before censoring the content.
Milo Yiannopoulos the very outspoken Republican activist has been banned from Twitter. That seems strange, doesn't it? Especially when you consider the fact that death threats towards numerous Republican Senators were kept on Twitter for weeks without being “censored.”
Two weeks ago, Kyler Schmitz, posted on his Twitter account that he was going to shoot and kill Senator Roy Blunt. He claimed that the Senator from Missouri was responsible for “allowing someone to murder my loved ones.” Eventually, the police detained Schmitz after it was ruled an illegal violation of interstate communications. I didn't even know that was a thing. Yet, his Twitter account remained active, and his post remained unblocked until The Hill reached out to Twitter about the incident.
[wps_products_gallery product_id=”4347567145011, 4392315519027, 4334006566963″]
Yet, Milo has been blocked numerous times for his posts and is now officially banned. That doesn't seem to make sense to me.
Other threats have also remained on the site for weeks at a time.
“I'm coming for you,” one user said. His post was directed at Senator John Hoeven.
Another user said, “Let's #ShootRepublicans #Politicans.”
Twitter's abusive behavior policy is very direct when it comes to threats on their platform. “You may not make threats of violence or promote violence, including threatening or promoting terrorism. You may not incite or engage in the targeted abuse or harassment of others,” the policy says.
A video game developer, Mark Kern, found himself the target of Twitter censorship. Kern posted, “I don’t see why mosques with radical leanings should be excluded from surveillance when the rest of us get our emails collected by the NSA.” That was enough to get his account quickly suspended.
Welcome to the world of the American internet, where a select few control what is censored or not censored. Be careful of what you post, because if anyone in charge disagrees with your view then you are likely to be the victim of censorship.
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine