On Wednesday, during a CNN town hall, President Joe Biden mentioned a “push” for a 9mm pistol ban, specifically those with an ammunition capacity beyond what the left approves.
The president said that the idea of a person having the ability to fire 20 to 120 shots from a gun is ridiculous, whether it’s from a 9mm pistol or a rifle. He then said he plans to continue his push to get rid of the sale of such weapons.
Apart from the pistol ban, Biden has also been pushing for legislation that would ban “assault weapons” until now. He also moved for the Department of Justice and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to take regulatory action against AR-pistols that have stabilizer braces.
According to a Breitbart News report last June 7, the DOJ placed specific AR-pistols under the purview of the National Firearms Act. However, the said type of firearm is not chambered in 9mm, but in 5.56 or .223. Biden mentioning the push to go after 9mm pistols can lead to the regulation of many popular firearms. These may include the Glock, Sig Sauer, Kahr, Taurus, Heckler & Koch, Smith & Wesson, and Springfield Armory pistols, to name a few.
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine