Feinstein and Cicilline Introduces Gun Ban Bill In Senate
Just after the U.S. House passed a couple of gun control bills on Thursday, Sens. Dianne Feinstein and David Cicilline from Rhode Island proposed a gun ban bill. It targets modern sporting rifles and ammo magazines commonly owned in the country.
The said proposal has yet to receive a legislative title, but its contents are already available to peruse. While it is a gun control law, it seems to not match what President Joe Biden was calling for during his campaign.
Feinstein-Cicilline Gun Ban Bill Differs from Biden's
The Feinstein-Cicilline gun ban bill seems to draw a lot from one that Feinstein proposed last year. This bill entails the following:
- A ban on selling, manufacturing, transferring and importing 205 types of military-style assault weapons. Those who already own such weapons may keep theirs.
- A ban on assault weapons that has the capacity to use magazines that are not the fixed ammunition type. Said weapons equipped with any military characteristics are also to be banned.
- A ban on magazines and other types of ammunition feeding devices that can hold over 10 rounds of ammo.
- The addition of a background check requirement for any future sales, trades, or gifting of assault weapons indicated in the bill.
- The requirement of securely storing assault weapons.
- A prohibition on transferring magazines holding high-capacity ammo.
- A ban on bump-fire stocks and other equipment that can make semi-auto weapons fire at fully automatic capacities.
While the bill is not as bad as the president’s proposal, it’s just as unconstitutional. It would make the most common centerfire rifles and the most commonly-owned magazines inaccessible to future buyers. These bans contradict what the Supreme Court previously mentioned regarding the matter. It said that the Second Amendment safeguards any firearm in common use for lawful purposes.
Around 20 million modern sporting rifles are owned by private citizens, as per the National Shooting Sports Foundation.
- House Passes 2 Gun Bills That Expand Background Checks
- Rep. Madison Cawthorn Tells Democrats ‘Come and Take Them' After Democrat Gun Grab Proposal
- Colorado Republican Warns of Insurrection Over Dem Gun Bill
Do not let the Democrats take your guns we must stop this legislation it’s in our constitution it’s part of our constitution they are taking away our constitutional rights and your some covet fashion as the distraction
I meant to say they’re using covid as a cover to try to take away our 2nd Amendment rights
Always remember …. it is better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it ….
If there is a federal law that in away hinders a Citizen from exercising their 2nd right there would have to be a change in the 2nd I don’t see that happen ..