- The Government Is Poisoning Our Water (Image: MGN)
- Harvard students came out with a study that explains how 6 million Americans are drinking contaminated water.
- They tested 36,000 water samples from around the nation.
- Apparently, the water contains high levels of polyfluoroalkyl and perfluoroalkyl substances.
Researchers at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and the Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences have come out with a new report that claims that more than 6 million American are drinking contaminated water.
The researchers discovered that there are high levels of polyfluoroalkyl and perfluoroalkyl substances in some of the water supplies.
[wps_products_gallery product_id=”4334000898099, 4335616426035, 4344220352563″]
Xindi Hu, the lead on the study, says that they fear the number of Americans drinking the contaminated water may be more than anticipated. The available data that was used to compile the number does not include the massive majority of America. Even more, Americans could be in danger.
More than 36,000 water samples were tested in the study. Seventy-five percent of the contaminated water came from only 13 states: Alabama, California, New Jersey, Florida, North Carolina, New York, Ohio, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Arizona, Minnesota, and Massachusetts. They have claimed that the highest levels of contamination were found “in watersheds near industrial sites, military bases, and wastewater-treatment plants.”
Elsie Sunderland, the senior author of the study and associate professor at Harvard said, “These compounds are potent immunotoxicants in children and recent work suggests drinking-water safety levels should be much lower than the provisional guidelines established by EPA.”
It looks like the people of Flint, Michigan aren't the only ones who should be buying bottled water.
SEE RELATED: Flint Democrats Find Scapegoats For Water Crisis
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine