- The Russian government is launching an exercise to prepare their 200,000 emergency personnel and 40 million citizens for nuclear war.
- A Russian organization named EMERCON also announced plans to build an underground bunker to protect from nuclear fallout.
- The Russian government is also upgrading and stockpiling their nuclear arsenal.
- However, no nuclear threat has been made.
It seems that Russia is preparing for the worst. The Russian Government has launched a nationwide training exercise that focuses on civil defense in hopes to prepare the country for the event of a nuclear, chemical or biological attack. They, of course, are pointing their fingers towards the West.
The tension between nations has been gradually climbing over Russia's conduct in Syria. Last week, amid the international tension, the Defense Ministry-run Zvezda TV network announced, “Schizophrenics from America are sharpening nuclear weapons for Moscow.”
The exercise will last for three days and be run by the Ministry for Civil Defence and EMERCON (Emergencies and Elimination of Consequences of Natural Disasters). It will involve the cooperation of 200,000 emergency personnel and 40 million citizens.
A message about the exercise can be found on the EMERCON website. The message reads, “The drill will rehearse radiation, chemical and biological protection of the personnel and population during emergencies at crucial and potentially dangerous facilities. Fire safety, civil defence and human protection at social institutions and public buildings are also planned to be checked. Response units will deploy radiation, chemical and biological monitoring centers and sanitation posts at the emergency areas, while laboratory control networks are going to be put on standby.”
[wps_products_gallery product_id=”4335153741875, 4334003716147, 4335184740403″]
However, the exercise wasn't the only thing that Russia announced. EMERCON also announced that they are intended to build an underground bunker beneath Moscow that will house 100 percent of its population. A way, they hope, to protect their civilians from nuclear fallout.
Time has reported that Russia is also beginning to modernize their nuclear arsenal. They have been adding new long-range nuclear bombers, truck mounted ballistic missiles and nuclear-armed submarines to their stockpile.
While no direct threat of attack has been made by Russia, Russian newspapers have begun voicing their fears of “direct military conflict” with the U.S. over Syria. Putin may be crazy enough to blow past a cold war and move right into World War 3.
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine