Many frontline health care workers have been battling against the COVID-19 pandemic. Now, Qatar Airways has announced that it will give away 100,000 airline tickets to these workers.
The giveaway will open on May 12th for International Nurses Day and will close on May 18th.
The airlines announced the following benefits on their website:
- Two complimentary return Economy Class tickets
35% off at Qatar Duty Free outlets at Hamad International Airport in Doha
- Health care professionals can submit a form at the Qatar Airways website for an exclusive promo code to book their complimentary tickets.
United in dedication, we share our gratitude. On the occasion of International Nurses Day, from tomorrow until 18 May we're giving away 100,000 complimentary return tickets to healthcare professionals to anywhere on our network at https://t.co/DmXa4ZXLqp. #ThankYouHeroes pic.twitter.com/d88GIaOmZo
— Qatar Airways (@qatarairways) May 11, 2020
“United in dedication, we share our gratitude,” Qatar Airways Group CEO Akbar Al Baker said in a statement. Now it is our turn to give something back to those on the healthcare frontline,” he then added.
“There are no words or gestures that are enough to repay these brave men and women but we hope that our small offer of a complimentary return flight on Qatar Airways will allow them to enjoy a well-deserved holiday, visit family and friends or explore a destination they have always dreamed of, as travel restrictions start to ease,” also said.
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine