- Donald Trump is softening up his approach to immigration.
- At a Fox News event in Austin, Texas Trump said that he would be willing to work with illegal families who have been trying to become citizens.
- Trump said, “…you have really great people wanting — and so proudly wanting — to come into our country…”
Donald Trump isn't backing down on his “wall” and says it “1oo percent” is going to be built on the Southern Border. He is, however, softening up his policies when dealing with people who are living in the country illegally.
His comments about the softer touch to immigration came at a Fox News event in Austin Texas.
Sean Hannity, who also attended the event, asked, “Is there any part of the law that you might be able to change that would accommodate those people that contribute to society, have been law-abiding, have kids here? Would there be any rule in your mind?”
Trump replied, “There certainly can be a softening because we’re not looking to hurt people. We want people — we have some great people in this country. We’re going to follow the laws of this country.”
[wps_products_gallery product_id=”4333909639219, 4344220352563, 4334006566963”]
Trump was asked, early on in the event, if people “who have worked hard, who have been here a long time” would be deported back to their original countries.
Trump said, “We’re going to follow the laws. We’re going to see where people are, we’re going to see how they’ve done.”
Trump went on to explain how he would develop and put into place some kind of “demerit system,” if he were to become president. He explained how he sympathized with “really great people” who have worked long and hard to become United States citizens.
Trump told Hannity, “They’re great people in some cases, and I guess in some cases, maybe not. But you have really great people wanting — and so proudly wanting — to come into our country and now what you’re doing is you take people away from that line.”
SEE RELATED: Trump Nails Hillary To The Wall Nationally
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine