22 States Fight Ridiculous California Gun Restrictions on Magazine Ban
A coalition made up of 22 states, which are led by Arizona and Louisiana’s attorneys general, is asking the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals to rule against California’s large magazine ban. The said court has expressed that it will reconsider its decision to rule the said ban as unconstitutional.
In a statement as they filed their amicus brief, Attorney General Mark Brnovich said that politicians in California believe that they could override the people’s Constitutional rights. Brnovich then added that any attempt to undermine these rights and liberties needs to be met with “vigorous opposition.”
In 2016, the state of California approved a ban on magazines that has 10 or more bullets. A federal judge, however, ruled it unconstitutional – a ruling upheld by a Ninth Circuit three-judge panel last year. In February, the said court agreed that an 11-judge panel will review the case.
22 States File Amicus Brief Against California's Large Magazine Ban
The coalition of 22 states filed an amicus brief to support gun rights. They argue that banning the magazine type violates the Second Amendment rights of Americans to bear arms. They also mentioned that it prohibits firearm possession, even for self-defense, because these specific types of magazines are needed in several popular firearms.
Included in this coalition of states are Alaska, Georgia, Indiana, and Ohio. Also included are the states of South Dakota, Texas, and West Virginia. The oral arguments for the said case will start in June.
These states claim that the right to bear arms helps in protecting people in disadvantaged communities as well as in high-crime areas.
However, California argued that the ban is needed as guns with high-capacity magazines have been used in several mass shootings in the past. The state banned the manufacturing, sale, and transfer of high-capacity magazines back in 2000. However, in 2016, it tried to prohibit the ownership of such magazines altogether.
A lawsuit from the National Rifle Association and a gun owners’ coalition struck down this effort.
When someone is so high on some chemical you need that extra ammo to take them down. No 9mm will put down a raging maniac. Any gun owner knows that.
I think that whoever these people are democratics or not something happened to their family and they needed that weapon and that magazine they would change their mind those 1,2 3, extra bullets in that magazine could Be the ones that just save their lives
Like the old saying I’d rather have it and not need it than to need it and not have it
But you can’t live under a true tyrant without all of the constitutional rights violations, in particular. When 2A waa ratified, the congress had already been made aware of the progress of firearms and at that time, and before rhere were multiple semi auto type firearms. They also realized that it was possible for a government to be tyrannical, which is why it was written. It’s all gun control. Buy up ammo, “infringe upon,” allow criminals with gun violationsnout of prison and prosecute law abiding, legal gun owners when they defend themselves, their families and their castle.
Hey, they elected those morons, now they have to suffer the consequences until the recall!!
Mass killings by a single gunman makes the news. Without big clip magazines they might not happen. What we then get to read about, baseball scores? And WOW, in Iowa you don’t need a license or background check to get those magazines. Just be careful when you drive through that state. Going across? Try and find a different state so you can bypass Iowa. Its for your own safety.
Well, don’t expect Colorado to join. We are already walking on the edge of a cliff, because the law passed a few years ago to limit magazine size to 10 bullets. Should include Colorado along with California as defendants.
So what Jim is saying is that we should go to Iowa lol. We all need to sign petitions letting that guy that thinks he is president Joe bitme & camel toe I slept my way to the top harris that we will not comply with there unconstitutional laws they make up.
I never dreamed that I would have to face the prospect of not living in the United States of America, at least not the one I have known all my life. I have never wished to live anywhere else. This is my home and I was privileged to be born here.
But today I woke up and as I had my morning coffee, I realized that everything is about to change. No matter how I vote, no matter what I say, something evil has invaded our nation, and our lives are never going to be the same. I look at people I have known all my life–some are so hate-filled that they agree with opinions they would never express as their own. I think that I may well have entered the Twilight Zone. We have become a nation that has lost its collective mind!
You can’t justify this insanity:
• If a guy pretends to be a woman, you are required to pretend with him.
• Somehow it’s un-American for the census to count how many Americans are in America.
• Russians influencing our elections are bad, but illegals voting in our elections are good.
• It was cool for Joe Biden to “blackmail” the President of Ukraine, but it’s an impeachable offense if Donald Trump inquires about it.
• Twenty is too young to drink a beer, but eighteen is old enough to vote.
• People who have never owned slaves should pay slavery reparations to people who have never been slaves.
• People who have never been to college should pay the debts of college students who took out huge loans for their degrees.
• Immigrants with tuberculosis and polio are welcome, but you’d better be able to prove your dog is vaccinated.
• Irish doctors and German engineers who want to immigrate to the US must go through a rigorous vetting process, but any illiterate gang-bangers who jump the southern fence are welcome.
• $5 billion for border security is too expensive, but $1.5 trillion for “free” health care is not.
• If you cheat to get into college you go to prison, but if you cheat to get into the country you go to college for free.
• People who say there is no such thing as gender are demanding a female President.
• We see other countries going Socialist and collapsing, but it seems like a great plan to us.
• Some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, and other people are not held responsible for what they are doing right now.
• Criminals are caught-and-released to hurt more people, but stopping them is bad because it’s a violation of THEIR rights.
• And pointing out all this hypocrisy somehow makes us “racists”?!
Nothing makes sense anymore – no values, no morals, and no civility. People are dying of a Chinese virus, but it’s racist to refer to it as Chinese even though it began in China. We are clearly living in an upside down world where right is wrong and wrong is right, where moral is immoral and immoral is moral, where good is evil and evil is good, where killing murderers is wrong but killing unborn babies is AOK!
Wake up America, the great unsinkable ship Titanic America has hit an iceberg, is taking on water, and is sinking fast. Speak up! NOW!!!
Very well said JJ. And much more there isn’t room for. I laughed when the ACLU came out and said “trans women are women” (let me see ONE give live birth), and in the next breath said “biological sex is a myth”….. what? As you said, if there are no longer differences between “sexes”, and we’re all just “its”, then it’s impossible for trans women to be trans anything. boys and girls are identical, and brain damage has become mainstream. The list is long, and so stupid as to be hilarious.