“Hogwarts Legacy,” a new Harry Potter game, has recently been unveiled by AT&T Inc's Warner Bros Games.
According to the Hogwarts Legacy website, the game is “an immersive, open-world action RPG set in the world first introduced in the Harry Potter books.”
Players will experience being a Hogwarts student in the 1800s. The student “holds the key to an ancient secret that threatens to tear the wizarding world apart.”
“Embark on a journey through familiar and new locations as you explore and discover fantastic beasts, customize your character and craft potions, master spell casting, upgrade talents, and become the wizard you want to be,” the website also reads.
The video game is developed by Avalanche. It will be released next year for Microsoft Corp's Xbox Series S, Series X, Xbox One consoles. The game will also roll out for Sony's PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro, and PC – as reported by Fox Business.
According to Fox Business, the game was announced during Sony's PlayStation 5 live stream event.
Players will be able to choose their Hogwarts house at the start of the game.
An FAQ page explains that Hogwarts Legacy is set in the 1800s, which is before the period of J.K. Rowling’s original stories. Therefore, players will not see Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, or Ron Weasley in the game.
- Judge Grants Preliminary Injunction vs. California Gun Show Ban
- Migrants Arrested by Border Patrol in Texas in 2 Years Exceeds Houston Population
- Maine Shooting: At Least 18 Dead, 13 Injured
- NY Judge Fines Trump $10,000 for Violating Gag Order
- Defense Department Admits Sending Back Weapons Taken from Israel to Send to Ukraine