Reports have revealed that under the Biden administration, the number of illegal alien arrests has significantly decreased.
According to a Breitbart report, the Immigration and Customs Enforcement carried out 75% less “priority” arrests. Additionally, arrests deemed “non-priority” under the current administration has gone down by more than 80% compared to the same time period in 2020.
More specifically, the “non-priority” arrests of illegal aliens that ICE has done, have gone down from 17,810 in 2020 to just 3,306 in the current year.
Binder also enumerated other figures related to the decline in illegal alien arrests. These include the following.
- A 17% decrease in arrests of illegal migrants charged with homicide.
- A 22% decrease in arrests of illegal migrants with sexual assault charges.
- A 60% decrease in arrests of illegal migrants with burglary charges
- A 71% decrease in arrests of illegal migrants with drunk driving charges.
- A 42% decrease in arrests of illegal migrants considered security threats.
- A 54% decrease in arrests of illegal migrants who committed immigration crimes.
- A 40% decrease in arrests of illegal aliens with kidnapping charges.
- A 30% decrease in arrests of illegal aliens who committed gun crimes.
A former ICE official, Jon Feere, tweeted that the current administration’s immigration policies “undoubtedly” endanger Americans.
He then says that the policies would require ICE agents to prioritize arresting and deporting illegal aliens who were recently convicted of felonies or those known to be terrorists and gang members.
Apart from Illegal Alien Arrests, DNA Tests on Migrants Also Decrease
Last week, reports revealed that President Biden’s administration directed Border Patrol to significantly decrease the use of DNA tests on migrants held at the border. The Trump administration previously used this method to pinpoint “fake families.”
Now, border officials administer less rapid DNA testing on migrant families despite the ongoing border crisis.
According to the Washington Examiner, officials said that the ICE was given directions to let migrant families into the country or expel them to their home countries and only use the DNA tests when it is “absolutely necessary.”
One official said that they are not going to administer the test if there’s no significant suspicion. The person added that the Biden administration’s priority is to release the families and children quickly.
Another official said that given the volume of people at the border, there is a priority list on people who will be tested as “they can’t test everyone.”