Only 42% of the respondents of an I&I/TIPP poll published on Monday think President Joe Biden is “mentally sharp.” The poll indicates that more people have caught his cognitive descent.
The poll helps in explaining the president’s falling support among the people who were vital to his win during the 2020 elections, including independents, middle-income voters, suburbanites, and women.
The poll also indicates the following:
- Despite 74% of Democrats believing Biden is mentally sharp, only 13% have agreed among Republicans.
- Only 34% of independents say he is mentally sharp; 58% say the opposite.
- Among women, only 40% believe the president is mentally sharp while 51% believe he’s not. Meanwhile, among men, 45% say Biden is sharp while 50% say he’s not.
- The perception of Biden’s cognitive capabilities is even worse for married women as only 36% think he’s mentally sharp as opposed to the 58% who believe he’s not.
- On the other hand, 43% of suburban residents think Biden remains to be mentally sharp while 51% believe the opposite. Additionally, among people earning an annual income between $50,000 to $75,000, it’s 37% who say he is and 58% who say he’s not.
- Biden also did not fare well in other questions found in the survey. Among the respondents, only 42% think he’s “energetic” while only 47% think he’s a “good communicator.”
Several other recent surveys have shown results similar to this one when it came to Biden’s mental capabilities.
This survey was conducted online with 1,306 adults as respondents. It ran from Oct. 27 to 29 and was done by TechnoMetrica Market Intelligence, I&I’s polling partner. It has a margin of error of 2.8 percentage points.
Those 42% are just being polite.https://t.co/hYeAOaUMvW
— Phil Kerpen (@kerpen) November 1, 2021
Update From The Editor: Sleepy Joe Biden Urges Americans to Mask Indoors as Omicron Variant Looms